Amvoc WINS the Harrogate Borough Council “Working for your Business Award”
Amvoc WINS the Harrogate Borough Council “Working for your Business Award” in the 2014 Harrogate Advertiser Series Business Awards.
During a glittering black-tie ceremony the Harrogate Advertiser Series Business Awards winners were announced. The event took place on 21st May 2014 at the Harrogate international Centre and was designed to celebrate the successes of individuals and businesses in the circulation areas of the Harrogate Advertiser series of newspapers. Over 400 guests attended the extremely successful awards dinner.
Amvoc was nominated in two of the twelve categories: Employer of the Year sponsored by Berwins Solicitors and the Harrogate Borough Council Working for your Business Award. Also in the running for the Working for your Business Award were Cause UK, Hales Bar and Rock Up & Sing!
Amvoc was Highly Commended in the Employer of the Year category and won the Working for your Business category. The focus of this year’s Harrogate Borough Council ‘Working for your Business’ Award was recognition for businesses that have done something special in order to survive the challenging economic times. This award took into account the fact that Amvoc had overcome adversity in order to succeed and had created jobs even though the country was in a recession.
The list of categories and winners includes:
• Young Entrepreneur of the Year sponsored by EnviroVent: Stephen Bannister, Conditioned Training Ltd
• Best Rural Business sponsored by the Yorkshire Agricultural Society: Studfold ‘The Nidderdale Experience’
• Tourism Award sponsored by Welcome to Yorkshire: Newby Hall and Gardens
• Employee of the Year sponsored by Covance Laboratories: Darren Crockford, Log Heights Ltd
• Employer of the Year sponsored by Berwins Solicitors: Extreme Creations. Highly Commended: Amvoc
• Best Small Company sponsored by Harrogate Chamber of Commerce: Quest PR
• Best Medium Company sponsored by Si Recruitment: 9xb
• Best Large Company sponsored by McCormicks Solicitors: NCI Vehicle Rescue PLC
• Best Company Website of the Year sponsored by Leeds Bradford Airport: Studfold ‘The Nidderdale Experience’
• The Harrogate Borough Council “Working for your Business” Award sponsored by Harrogate Borough Council: Amvoc
• Business Personality of the Year sponsored by Saffery Champess: Nick Chippendale
• Lifetime Achievement sponsored by Cicada Communications: Gary Verity
Amvoc is delighted with the nomination and congratulations to the businesses that also won their categories at the ceremony. Huge thanks have to go to the organisers and sponsors of the event. We certainly had a fantastic night! As an innovative, dynamic and successful business, we will continue to grow over the coming months and hope to be present at next year’s awards.